Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......
Similar topics

Eye of the Ripper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Freddie Valentine
200 Posts
200 Posts

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:21 am

Just a brief review of my most recent aquisition.

For those of you who know about or own any of Doug Higley's props then no explanation is really needed. For those that don't, he hand makes some of the most gruesome looking and realistic props there are out there.

The Ripper set (the story included is based on Jack the Ripper, but, as ever, you can create your own) includes three great Higley props:

A mummifed toe
An ear
A PK eye in a jar of liquid.

The fact that the eye is a PK one adds so many possibilities. I will be adding a drop of Black Hart's Atmosphere No.2 (that has an embalming fluid type odour) to the liquid, just for that added realism.

You receive the props in a lovely velvet bag and you some sheets of instructions and story ideas. My creative juices have already started flowing and the props can fit nicely into a conceptual show that I am working on.

Great quality props for bizarre performers which will last you a lifetime. Very happy with them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lybrary.com/tarot-readers-black-book-p-77423.html
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:07 am

I love Blackharts scents
Back to top Go down
Freddie Valentine
200 Posts
200 Posts

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 am

They are very effective. I have found a lot of people's reaction, when handed an old looking, odd item, is to smell it.

So I don't even mention the smell and let their senses take a trip!

The Atmosphere No.2 scent (the clinical smelling one), I used on Dr Todd's wonderful Luna and it does smell of an old hospital. Very effective.

The original scent I have put into an old chest that I use to carry certain props such a a small ouija board, tarot cards, a voodoo doll, Witches Almanac, etc.

It certainly take away any 'new' feel that the props may have and adds authenticity.

I know that Kenton Knepper has written a book utilising scents (can't recall the name at the moment). I would like to know if this is any good as I haven't read it as of yet.
Back to top Go down
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:19 am

I've got No. 1 in a few boxes. I took out a doll that as had some on her clothes for a while now and it smells really old now. I would have thought it would have faided but not at all. My Carnie and cardshark cards smell old too Razz
Back to top Go down
Freddie Valentine
200 Posts
200 Posts

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:03 am

When I open my box of curiousities, the smell just wafts out, creating am ambience without doing a thing. It's these little subtleties and attention to detail that really add to a performance.

No.2 is good as well (and very different to No.1) and has a nice clinical smell which is perfect for the eye in a jar.
Back to top Go down
dennper
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2009-12-28

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 am

I second everyone's recommendation of Black Hart's scents. I too use scent #1 in my carrying box for my cards, cloths, etc and it is just perfect. It adds that nice little 'ancient' touch that is very subtle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.privatetarot.com
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:50 pm

I saw some photos of there today and i've got to say 2 things.
1. They look really nice and I would like a set
2. I now have Freddie for owning a set.
anyway i've got to go watch the last match of the Chess championship, Kaposki, Kasoski!
Back to top Go down
Freddie Valentine
200 Posts
200 Posts

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 am

I have shown these props to a few friends and they are completely spooked by them and no one has questioned their authenticity.

I almost was tempted to use them in my show last Saturday, but I felt it was too early and have been working on a presentation that suits my character and could be real. (No one would believe that the Black Museum would sell/give me the real Ripper evidence).

Well crafted props and great service from Mr Higley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eye of the Ripper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eye of the Ripper   Eye of the Ripper Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye of the Ripper
Page 1 of 1