Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Magick

Go down 
+3
The Curator
Christopher J Gould
Graham Yates
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Graham Yates
Neophyte
Neophyte
Graham Yates

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Magick   Magick EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I Have seen this mentioned over at the Green place.

Is it really worth $800.

does anyone have any knowledge of this?
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 pm

as I do not go to the green place anymore (I'm free.... alien ) - can you give a few more details Graham?
Back to top Go down
The Curator
Neophyte
Neophyte
The Curator

Registration date : 2010-01-28

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:52 pm

Bascom Jones'Magick is the most complete and interesting source for mentalism I know. I've the first 4 volumes (original editions) and it's really worth 800$ for a professional magician or mentalist. Most of the luminaries in mentalism have written in this magazine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.surnateum.org
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm

Ahh, of course!
Back to top Go down
agnostiker74
Neophyte
Neophyte
agnostiker74

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 3:46 pm

The Magick was published by Bascom Jones from 1970 (copyright of the first issue) till 1993 (copyright of the last issue).
Bascom Jones died in March 23 1994.
In whole there are 496 issues + a bonus insert every second issue.
Collector's Workshop published a reprint which had a lot of disadvantages. First they sorted the effects, second the bonus inserts are missing and third the graphics are missing which are for some of the effects necessary.
To the price: 800,-- is absoöutly fair. It is a collectors item (I own all issues) and really worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Graham Yates
Neophyte
Neophyte
Graham Yates

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 am

Thanks for the replies
Back to top Go down
Waters
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-02-15

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 2:35 pm

...I am selling a few doo-dads at the moment to justify the expense since I am a mere mortal (read: non full-timer). I do not want to miss out on these, now that they are available again. That said, I would appreciate any other commentary on these that anyone would like to offer. I know a few routines that I currently use are derivative presentations that first were given lifebreath in Magick. In my opinion, Psi-Graphico and Hell Fire are near priceless, in themselves. It seems everyone has always been pretty hush-hush about much of the contents.

With regards,

Sean
Back to top Go down
Psychic Sorcerer
Neophyte
Neophyte
Psychic Sorcerer

Registration date : 2010-08-20

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Graham Yates wrote:
I Have seen this mentioned over at the Green place.

Is it really worth $800.

does anyone have any knowledge of this?
Although I'm late on the reply having only just joined, I think the below description of the current issuance of Magick is important to include:

Bascom Jones.... a name that conjures up mystery, magick, mentalism, pure effects designed to ENTERTAIN and FOOL the masses.

MAGICK-THE COMPLETE UNABRIDGED SET IN FIVE VOLUMES. AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME AS A COMPLETE HARD-BOUND EDITION, COMPLETE WITH INDEXES, TIP-INS ETC.

Over 2400 pages of dynamite material culled from 1000's of contributions by the best thinking performers in Magic and mentalism. More than 1400 individual effects!

All five volumes are magnificently executed in cranberry cloth, gold imprints with costly end papers, 60lb. paper and a beautifully embossed tip-in.

A quality production emulating the high standards demanded by Collectors' Workshop.

The material contained in this Five volume set is exactly as originally issued by Bascom Jones. OVER 23 YEARS OF ACCUMULATED GENIUS FOUND NO WHERE ELSE! NOTHING LEFT OUT.

I believe the new version with the added fifth volume corrects some of the omissions and sequencing from the 1st reprint.
It's worth looking at for those not only new to this publication but I've heard previous owners replacing there old sets with the new.
Not to mention seeing those old sets up for sale on ebay.
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=1723

Larry
Back to top Go down
Merlin Cox
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2009-11-13

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:39 am

Magick is the Jinx of the 1970s and 80s and contains a substantial amount of the mentalism thinking of that time, on which much of what was marketed afterwards was based. It includes sets of effects from many major creators -- Ted K., Larry Baukin, Orville Meyer come to mind -- that could easily stand as complete books. You can use it bibliomantically by opening a random volume at a random page and seeing where it leads you. Inadequate index it my only complaint. Worth it for me, and more than 25 new guys' ebooks or one-shot effects.

I also advise anyone who didn't subscribe to Oracle to pick up that CD-ROM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magick   Magick Empty

Back to top Go down

Magick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: Things you want to buy!-
Jump to: