Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......
Similar topics

Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Freddie Valentine
    200 Posts
    200 Posts

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? Empty
    PostSubject: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I hope I have posted this in the right section, but I would like to throw a bone out to you great thinkers and see what we can come up with between us.

Although I am not a firm follower of NLP as such, there are elements of it that has proven to be useful (I sometimes perform an effect that relies entirely on eye-accessing cues).

I am currently reading the fantastic 'Monsters and Magical Sticks' by Steven Heller (which I certainly recommend to anyone interested in hypnosis or even just mentalism itself) and one aspect often cited by NLP-ers is one that I haven't dealt a great deal of thought towards..until now.

It is the concept of systems that people employ to think and express themselves with. Those who have read anything on the subject will know of visual, auditory and kinesthetic.

Now, I feel that being able to establish which one of these is the primary system the subject adopts, it would be a simple process to take them into a state of 'hypnotic' trance.

What I would like to ask (and get the brains buzzing) is can you think of three simple and direct questions which would establish what system they are mostly tuned into?
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.lybrary.com/tarot-readers-black-book-p-77423.html
    Christopher J Gould
    Administrator
    Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:56 pm

'Monsters and Magical Sticks' is indeed a wonderful book.
    Three questions? - I use one and it is from the work of Dale who has just joined up here - so I would like his permission to post this, or maybe he will respond himself?
    However, basically any question where you get the subject to describe a situation or event will elicit a response where, if you listen, you can clearly distinguish the primary representation system. Feeding this back can be very powerful, not just for hypnotism, but for general compliance - and compliance cannot be underestimated in our art.
    As to posting in the right place - when this has been discussed a bit, I would like to see the results posted in the principles section (I have posted a couple of things there, but am waiting for others to post, as I do not want it to become the 'Chris Gould' principles!)
    Back to top Go down
    Freddie Valentine
    200 Posts
    200 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:41 am

Thanks Chris. I was thinking along the lines of something for stage, you know, one of those three simple questions and I know all about you kind of things.

Once the primary system has been established, a quicker route to hypnosis can be acheieved.
    I have found that once you realise what system they are using and ask them to concentrate deeply on something (using that system) their eyes glaze more than if you ask them to focus using the less dominant ones.

An interesting part on M&MS which I picked up upon was when it states that when people 'internalise' by looking straight ahead, you can snap them out of this with a sudden movement and they will jump.

Obviously this is mana for rapid induction as once this is engaged, a sudden movement and a cry of "SLEEP" should be all that is needed to not only give the appearance of instant hypnosis, but acheive it as well.

Of course you can do this sometimes when the primary system isn't being focussed upon, but it is my belief that if you can ascertain which one it is, you will have a much greater success rate.
    Back to top Go down
    agnostiker74
    Neophyte
    Neophyte
    agnostiker74

Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:18 am

A small hint...
    The book "Frogs into Princes" by Richard Sandier and John Grinder is a good resource of ways detecting which system is used.
    Back to top Go down
    Freddie Valentine
    200 Posts
    200 Posts

PostSubject: Re: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:22 am

Thanks for the tip. Shall add that one to my reading list.
    I found with a lot of NLP books there is about 10% usable stuff and the rest is convoluted waffle.

The problem is finding the good ones out there..
    Back to top Go down
    agnostiker74
    Neophyte
    Neophyte
    agnostiker74

Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 am

That's the main problem. So many books are comming to market and it is really difficult to find the good ones.
    After reading a lot of books about NLP I thing, that the works of Bandler and Grinder are the best and worth reading. But that is just my personal opinion.

Best

Agnostiker74
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?   Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Simple Questions for a speedy hypnotic induction?
    Page 1 of 1