Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Too many forii?

Go down 
+3
Evie Harris
ALEXANDRE
Christopher J Gould
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:25 am

With the Mystery Performers forum and now the launch of the Bizzare Magic Forum, along with Talk Magic and the corrupt Green Place, not to mention facbook, blogs and the like; one has to wonder if there are just too many forums. Are we doing anything other than chatting?
Also, where does this leave the Moon?

I have mixed feelings about this. I do wish the new Bizzarist forum the best of good luck, and I hope it is successful. However, with each new resource on the web, the more dilute the mix becomes. I really want to keep up with what everyone is talking about and take an active role in all of this. Unfortunately, there are only 24 hours in a day. Most of my day is already taken up with a job that I hate, and come august, most of my time will be taken up in actually working and practising, routining and inventing; promoting and rehearsing. So, on one hand, as someone who can remember the days before the internet, when computers only appeared in sci-fi movies, it is truly great to have all of there resources and contacts. On the other hand, we are in danger of information overload and too much in the way of meandering distraction.

The next topic is - what of the Moon? There is no doubt that the existence of so many outlets for communication will dilute what happens here. Weirdly, I do not care. I have always said that the Moon will be what it will be, if it is not needed; it will wither and die. If it is needed it will evolve to fulfil that need.
Seeing that both the mentalist and now the bizzarist community are well covered in terms of general chat - it is unlikely that the Moon will ever develop in this direction.

Well... good, if the Moon does survive, then it will have a deeper raison-d'etre. My vision has always been to gather a group of interesting minds to share and evolve ideas that look at the interface between magic, mentalism, performance and (for want of a better term) real magic. I still hope this happens, as the benefits of such a development should be obvious. Still, it may not, as such a thing will depend upon a substantial core team of active members.

Perhaps the Moon will evolve into a resource centre for the Artifacts Website. Certainly if this project is successful then this will build the Moon once more. Who knows......

Whatever happens, will happen, and should happen.....

In many ways Alchemy Moon is an idea still waiting to happen........
The lodge is here and will remain as a potential; a vessel in which the homunculus could find realisation.
Back to top Go down
ALEXANDRE
Administrator
ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:41 am

Maybe it's time The Moon hides ... in other words, maybe not allow people who are not members to peek in without any kind of commitment whatsoever (if you can call the simple act of signing up a commitment).

Regardless of what happens here in relation to "chat", this place will certainly be buzzing when the releases start coming out later this year. There will be plenty to talk about, and no better place to talk about them! Naturally, this won't be open to the public, but to customers, AM creators and developers.

Good times ahead ... no doubt about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EyesandMinds.com
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:35 am

I hope I did not sound too fatalistic in the last post - as I do not feel that way - I just fear an exodus - but as you say Alexandre - the rumbles will be heard in September. We dream in the cave of negrado slowly watching the crucible.
Back to top Go down
Evie Harris
200 Posts
200 Posts
Evie Harris

Registration date : 2009-09-08

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:49 am

Hey Chaps x

Blame us lot for the new rise in forums lol..

Seriously though, I wouldn't be too concerned. There may only be a few of us here, but Jeez what a fab few we are !!

This is THE only forum where I feel totally happy creating and sharing my ideas and stuff. That says heaps about you guys and slowly more and more will be drawn as I was.

Yes im probably a member of every ruddy forum going, but there are only three I feel any attachment to. TalkMagic as a place of chucklement and social stuff, Image for its security and 'parental feeling' and here for being me.

This place is different and different finds its own path x

ps Chris can you please make sure the core group have access to my boudoir as im not sure if Alex, Klaas and Graham are ? Oh and Mr Freddie V x

mwah to you all x
Back to top Go down
http://www.magicnights.co.uk
Freddie Valentine
200 Posts
200 Posts

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:43 am

Chris, as you know you have my full support with the Moon (and any other projects).

It's different here to other forums and certainly a case of quality over quantity, which is how it should stay. Mamy forums dissolve into tedious arguments and attract their fair share of idiots.

There are only a few forums where I feel truly comfortable (I was shown the door at the odious and nepotistic Talk Magic) and this is one of them. A great collective of creative minds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lybrary.com/tarot-readers-black-book-p-77423.html
agnostiker74
Neophyte
Neophyte
agnostiker74

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:53 am

As the other I see a great potential in the Moon. Despite all the other forums out there where a lot of kids meet and act like they are the greatest, I see here the potential that it will become a place for serious performers. Good things need time to develop. Lets keep this place somekind of exclusiv and we will atract great thinkers. Just a matter of time.
When the moon will rise at the end of the year, I think there will be no more questions if this forum is needed. IT IS!!!
Also I would like to say thank you to Chris, for all your work within this forum! I'm glad to be a member!

Best from Germany

Claas
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Awww..... thanks guys!
You are all right - the Moon will always be unique and will eventually fulfil it's destiny. I have seen it wax and wain so many times.
Back to top Go down
Thibau
Neophyte
Neophyte
Thibau

Registration date : 2010-05-14

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:45 am

From what I could see untill the moment the contents are of higher value, I'm feeling good to have found this place (still reading threads to catch discussions and get to meet your minds).

Lucky me! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rickthibau.com
Wishmaster
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-07-05

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:31 am

There are lots and lots of general magic forums around, yes. But, after joining most of them over the years, it becomes clear fairly quickly which ones are merely there as a vehicle for the egos to spout their nonsense and which are simply a vehicle for the advertisers to peddle their wares - in the case of one particlar green forum, both of these features are true. Some forums will continue to thrive, others will fizzle out naturally.

I'm in agreement with Evie on this one. If I want to talk to people into the more general, mainstream magic subjects where each visit is like being in a social club, with the odd comedian popping up to entertain, TalkMagic fits the bill. I still love general magic and mentalism and will always mess around with cards and my sponge balls (Rolling Eyes), because they are fun and a quick fix.

However, as I gravitated over time to the darker, more esoteric aspects of the art to match my interests, I began looking for somewhere else to satisfy that itch. Thankfully, Alchemy Moon is it. As Chris said in another post this morning, Alchemy Moon seems to be more of a "slow burner", which is a very good thing. There's little danger of the younger cardicians popping up with a youtube vid of their latest and greatest bedroom performance because there's just nothing here to encourage them to do so. At the same time, there's thankfully no agenda other than a genuine need to share ideas and discuss things a bit more deeply and seriously.

I'm still finding my feet here and rather than just posting for the sake of making a quick comment as I would elsewhere, I'm reading and thinking more before I open my mouth. Some will applaud at that! Very Happy

Alexandre made a good point about the visibility of Alchemy Moon. It's not the easiest forum to find by chance, caters to a very specific type of performer/enthusiast and contains a number of hidden areas, but is this enough? It feels like the kind of place where you'd need to search for it, to make an effort and some kind of committment in order to enter and become a part.

So, Alchemy Moon isn't just one more forum as far as I'm concerned. At the moment for me it's more like a quiet, scholarly study or library with lots of wood panelling, shelves of good books, an open fire and interesting company with whom to share ideas.
Back to top Go down
agnostiker74
Neophyte
Neophyte
agnostiker74

Registration date : 2010-01-05

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 am

I request the exclusion of Wishmaster for using Spongeballs Wink
Just kidding!
Really a nice statement!
Back to top Go down
Wishmaster
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-07-05

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:43 am

Agnostiker74 wrote:
I request the exclusion of Wishmaster for using Spongeballs Wink
Just kidding!
Really a nice statement!
Thank you Agnostiker74 Laughing

I do wonder how many bizarrists still have a secret play with their cards, sponge balls and vanishing silks. More to the point, how many would be willing to admit it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 am

....or how many bizzarists have fiddled with their balls until they went spongy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Too many forii? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too many forii?   Too many forii? Empty

Back to top Go down

Too many forii?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: