Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

BIG Announcement!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:50 am

You may have noticed that I have been a little quiet of late, and I think I have posted as to why this is.
Well, things are hotting up on the Alchemy Moon Artefacts Front - I am putting out a date for when we 'go live' - but I will posting a link to the website up here first, so you can all have a look first. But Shhhhh!

Also, Kieth from Black Hart was concerned over the name - as his site is called Black Artefacts. Obviously, there is a huge difference between the two names, but we decided to change to Alchemy Moon Bazaar. If anyone has a shop with the name Bazaar in it, can you please fuck off! Seriously I have a lot of respect for Keith's work, and he is a very reasonable person - one of the good guys. So the name changes - although we will refer to the items we put out as Artefacts in the text, but not in the title. We certainly do not want to launch by treading on any long-established toes. Also, it really is great to see Keith here on the Moon.

I have been agonizing about how we launch as Alchemy Moon anything. The original idea was to set up shop as a creative commercial outlet for members work - members work refined, developed and to some extent co-created here on the Moon. Well, this was not to be - as soon as someone has an idea - off they toddle to start their own company, or to sell through someone else's!! I really do not have a problem with that at all; it actually means that I can focus all my time on my own stuff and try to stop being so fucking altruistic and idealistic all the time - this novel feeling of selfish determination is getting comfortable!

However, we are still all family here - and I hope that we take an active and positive interest in each other's work. I am thinking that one of the functions of the Moon should be to ensure that no one treads on anyone else's toes as we dance an evermore furious tango.

So - I start to feel uncomfortable about starting up a company called 'Alcehmy Moon whatever'. As the commercial arm is to put out stuff that Alex and I (and later Class....... Graham?) put out. There may be a conflict of interest if I start promoting my own stuff here and calling it Alchemy Moon Bazaar. Again, I am probably being a little sensitive here - but I have decided that the best way - would to be start up another forum specifically for the 'business'.
Also, I wanted to find a hoster that allows for password protected threads - heavenforum for god-only-knows-why does not. As Freddie will tell you, this makes having your own thread to disscuss your work here is awkward and basically ineffectual.
(BTW - it is perfectly feasible to host a thread on the new forum - you do not have to put things out through AM - we could have a 'freinds of AM' thread if you want to host over there).

here is a the new forum - nothing happening there yet of course - you may well be the very first visitor!

http://ambazzar.freeforums.org/index.php

Now onto my final point -
I have taken a big risk in my life to start this business - giving up a very well paid job, so that I can devote time to this venture - I know that I am not the first - I am sure that Dan will empathize with me here. Thing is - if AMBazaar fails, there is no going back for me and I lose everything - so it has to work - for it to work I need to devote ALL of my time to the project - which means not much time here on the Moon. I certainly cannot be concerned or anxious about breathing life into this place when it goes dark.
This IS a special place full of special people (!) and in many ways we have become family (or at least I like to think so). So, I hope that the Moon fulfils it's destiny - it may die, or it may go dark and quiet for a while (as it sometimes does), it may thrive and become it's own destiny. All, I am saying is that you guys are now the torch-bearers. I am around, checking in all the time, but certainly less active until I am assured a roof over my head!

So this is certainly not goodbye, but is is; here I am lurking in the shadows - hoping the Moon grows gibbous.

One quick note - if anyone here put themselves down as a playtester - or indeed wants to be can you pm me on the new board - just say 'hi playtester here' or something - just so I can form a database over there.

One last thing - I am VERY excited about the opening three titles we are putting out - Cuss cards has cost me over a thousand pounds to make - whole printing presses and everything - just so I can make something look genuine - and it does look beautiful. I am hoping that this will quite simply be the best Bizarre prop that you can carry in your pocket.
Hypno card is going to cause a BIG STINK - that is all I am going to say at the moment.
As for Zoltar - this is a fucking beauty! Without any hype to my friends here - I can guarantee that this is the strongest pocket effect that has ever be put out there - everyone I have shown it's working too agrees. Zoltar is going to be HUGE!

keep shining your torches on the Moon

Chris
Back to top Go down
Evie Harris
200 Posts
200 Posts
Evie Harris

Registration date : 2009-09-08

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Quote :
off they toddle to start their own company

I do hope that isn't aimed at me ?

Suspect

Anyhow as I have offered I am more than happy to support AMB however I can.

E x
Back to top Go down
http://www.magicnights.co.uk
ALEXANDRE
Administrator
ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:45 pm

I think it's healthy and normal that creative people go their own way. It's hard sometimes to match ideas, objectives, creative expression and all that with most, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't, oftentimes it's not even worth trying if your inclination is to do you own thing. Evie, I doubt Chris meant that in a negative way whatsoever.

I too consider members here family and I will always support the work of the significant few here who venture into the dark and often frightening waters of exposure of one's soul!!!

I believe a lot of us put stuff out, not just for the money, or for the pleasures of recognition, but because somehow we HAVE TO!

It's just the way it is, and I wish every single one of us great success in this exciting and fun world we inhabit.

If any of you need my support on anything, just let me know.

Back to top Go down
http://www.EyesandMinds.com
dean
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-06-22

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:38 am

I will pop ovewr this afternoon and buy one of everything and if you ever need any help with payment acceptance or web rankings just drop me a line

Dean
Back to top Go down
http://www.dracinabox.com
Graham Yates
Neophyte
Neophyte
Graham Yates

Registration date : 2009-11-12

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 am

As the commercial arm is to put out stuff that Alex and I (and later Class....... Graham?)

Yes something will come eventually!
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey Evie -
Of course it was aimed at you!
Twisted Evil

Actually, it wasn't aimed at anyone. Justa havina bita fun. Frankly, it would quite horrible if everyone wanted to put their stuff out through AMBazaar - what the hell was I thinking in the first place?

Big Ocean,
Cool Fish.

(hey was that a haiku?)

Looking for a couple of trusted souls to have a snoop around the Bazaarium and see if we are doing it right.
PM me if you are interested.

Back to top Go down
dean
Neophyte
Neophyte

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Bah I went to buy new toys to keep me company and help keep in the ghosts and I all I got was the promise of things to come Sad

I best pop over to Ellisonist as I hear they have a new deck Wink

Dean who will just have to get back to working on his ghost touches routine
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:51 pm

I hear the new Ellusionist deck is a 'bit special'

BIG Announcement! Male-Nude-Playing-Card-Deck
Back to top Go down
dean
Neophyte
Neophyte

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Thats a fabulous d*ck

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BIG Announcement! Empty
PostSubject: Re: BIG Announcement!   BIG Announcement! Empty

Back to top Go down

BIG Announcement!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: