Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

On Censorship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

On Censorship Empty
PostSubject: On Censorship   On Censorship EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Instinctively I am against censorship. The more repressed and repressive a regime is, the more censorship can be found. The more enlightened and intelligent a society is, the more freedom of speech can be found.

Most forums practice some form of censorship. Censorship that is either clan based, economic or just by default i.e. not wanting to upset a fellow performer).

However, things are not as simple as that are they? Freedom can only be enjoyed by a Utopian and totally enlightened society. We can only strive towards this.
For example - if someone posts something openly racist or sexist, or homophobic (to give just a few examples), we should not tolerate it in the name of free speech. Such posts will be deleted.

However, I want to go two stages further this time:

1. Nonconstructive comments and personal attacks.
I have been both a victim and a participant in this. Time to call a stop. Any comments that are unproductive, nonconstructive and constitute a personal attack will be deleted. This does not affect constructive criticism - this is encouraged.

2. Stupidity (except in Negrado).
I would like the Moon to be a meeting of intelligent and interesting people; making intelligent and interesting contributions. This does not mean being Po-faced, or lacking humour (God forbid) - but it does mean that really dumb posts will be deleted. However, we all need to let our hair down and be dumb sometimes - this is why we have Negrado.

I want this site to reflect the intelligence and creativity of out art.
I want this site to look very different from any existing forum. I would like it to be a slowly developing resource of considered contributions, rather than a chat room.
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

On Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: On Censorship   On Censorship EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 4:53 pm

I realise that there are a lot of - 'I want' statements in the above.
Anyone who knows me will testify that being a dictator is against my nature!
All of this is my own personal wishes for the third phase of the Moon. However, the membership will decide what the Moon becomes. when the Moon is healthy, I will just be a co-member with the rest of you.
I am for more comfortable in the shadows.
But at the moment, there is work to do....... so please excuse my tone, if it sounds too... decisive.
Back to top Go down

On Censorship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: Introduction to the Moon-
Jump to: