Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evie Harris
200 Posts
200 Posts
Evie Harris

Registration date : 2009-09-08

Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! Empty
PostSubject: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 am

So -

would anyone like to have a natter session once a fortnight or whatever. Pick a theme or area and have a session in the chat box. Could be done in rotation of different peeps 'hosting'.

Thoughts ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.magicnights.co.uk
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:04 am

It is a good idea - the only thing that frightens me is - what if someone says something interesteing - it is all so transient!
A Skype conference would be even more interesting. Alex is thinking of putting a podcast together too! A podcast of a skype discussion, would that be intersting - or just a bit too...... er ........too...
Back to top Go down
Graham Yates
Neophyte
Neophyte
Graham Yates

Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:10 am

I'd be up for a skype groupchat once a week or fotnight
Back to top Go down
Evie Harris
200 Posts
200 Posts
Evie Harris

Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

I personally dont use skype, although doesnt mean you chaps cant ... I just thought having it on here would mean anyone passing through would see us and go ooooooo and maybe join in lol..

But its what best for everyone ...

E x
Back to top Go down
http://www.magicnights.co.uk
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 am

The problem with the chat function here - and I have played with it - is that you tend to get everyone talking at once, like on a US sitcom. Or you get lag, and you answer a question that was asked three replies ago, the whole thing can go a little William Burroughs. monkey

I don't mind giving it a bash though.........

Here is my proposal - skype - no video (Alex has some good rational for this) , plus I do like being visible........
Once a month, on a specific topic.
I think only four can skype at once - if so, four members who are 'up for it' out of a hat.
A 'guest star' talking about leading the topic on which they have a specific interest.
The result is made into a mp3 file and put towards a monthly AM podcast. As well as being stored in the library here......

I am all excited!!!!
Or, is it just too much?
Back to top Go down
ALEXANDRE
Administrator
ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:43 am

I've never tried the chat function here, might give it a go.

Skype is a good option too, it's like being on the phone with a few people, the video is deactivated when you get more than one person on there, at least it is on my end.

I've been trying to work out a podcast but I am having some technical difficulties. I need Chris to be on skype with me for a bit to work things out. We'll work on it at some point.

Who out here has Skype?
Back to top Go down
http://www.EyesandMinds.com
Dr Jae
Neophyte
Neophyte
Dr Jae

Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:23 am

I've just typed out a reply to this, hit send, and it disappeared. Not going to type the lot out again but I don't like chatrooms but would be interested in a Skype version
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 am

I just did exactly the same thing with a five page reply to Evie's Cluedo routine.
I am going to learn from my mistakes - from now on all long posts are going to be done on onenote (an indispensable program for organising and storing your thoughts) - and pasted into the box!
Back to top Go down
Dr Jae
Neophyte
Neophyte
Dr Jae

Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 am

Grrr Just happened to me again with a LONG book review.
I'll compile my longer pieces in Word first .... if I remember.

Not really the place to mention this but is there a way I can adjust the page width. I have a large screen but still have to scroll left and right to read the text boxes in full and then remind myself who made the post to the left. really annoying but not as annoying as losing a load of typed info. Now lost into the cyber void forever...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !   Ooooooo theres a nattter feature ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ooooooo theres a nattter feature !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: