Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Rinascita!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Rinascita! Empty
PostSubject: Rinascita!   Rinascita! EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi all, it seems that the Moon is slumbering at the moment.
Why is this? - well, all systems have a pull to inertia and atrophy. If left to their own devices all things stop rotating and eventually turn to dust. It takes a little gentle push now and then to keep the pendulum slowly swinging.

After the initial heat, the system cools. I feel this process to be quite natural. However, if gravity is lost too quickly, the lighter elements simply drift away from the matris luna. To some extent, this is happening, and it is perhaps of concern. However, is it not strange that although there has been so little activity, so few have left? Most of us all still here, checking in now and then to see what is happening. I think we sense that there is something important to us here, and we do not want to see it fade away.

Personally I am happy with something that does not function like a traditional forum. I would like to check into the Moon every week or so with out feeling pressured.

This is what I think needs to be done.

First, I think that we should try real hard to post a reply if another member posts something. It can be hugely disheartening if you spend a lot of effort on a post and it gets ignored. A simple - 'thanks' is all it takes when someone uploads a video, or interesting image, link, idea or what have you. This will keep the pot boiling.

I think we are all a little confused as to the function of the Moon. What do we know? Well, we know that it is THE most exclusive and trusting, and intelligent place to meet. But what are we actually here for? My idea is simply networking and producing a society of people who could help and inspire each other. Perhaps we need to define what we want from the place a little more - and think about how it should function.

I think there are some great ideas put forward on here - for example, Evie's challenges. But the response has not been great - which is a shame, as I can see some very interesting developments from these roots. Why is this? Well, I think we need to look at the structure of how we do such things. For example, I think the timing should be more flexible on the challenges. For example, the challenge is over when a certain number of people have made a response. This means that it could all be over after a week, or in some cases may not come to an end in a year! Also, something important should be done with the proceedings - such as a publication. This would be a great incentive. Even if we did not publish, would it not be an achievement to develop a library of our collective thinkings? Now, this philosophy could be extended across all we do - i.e. a discussion on ordinary forii is over and 'dead in the water' after a few days/weeks. A discussion here, could slowly mature over a year or more, with a specific goal in mind.

I think we need a few new ideas too - to inject more new light. Evie has a really good idea (she or I will post about this), and I have an idea myself. But, let us all think - what would be the one thing that would make me check in here once a week?

I also think we need new blood - not that we are not a fine bunch already, and I know we would not want the casual people taking over with their mindless gibbering. However, we need more people to spin the Moon. I will post about this too soon.

So to recap, this is what I think we need to look at.
Ø Ensure that we at least say thanks, when someone makes a significant post.
Ø Making the existing content work and structuring the format a bit.
Ø Coming up with a few new tasty ideas.
Ø Some new blood…….

Again, I do not think that the Moon is going away any time now, we all see it's value. And, maybe, things are alright as they are, with a happy family posting just when they have something to say...
But a little more momentum sustained by a slightly larger group is what will ensure sustained life....... again, in my view.

However, as a practitioner of filicide, you should not really trust my view!
These are just my ideas as an equal member. I do not want to do anything until we have all discussed the future here. I want to make really sure that we all see this as our place, not my place.
So, please, arise from your slumbers and make your voice heard……

In these responses will our future be carved!
Back to top Go down
Freddie Valentine
200 Posts
200 Posts

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Rinascita! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinascita!   Rinascita! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 am

I agree with all you said there!
The Moon is refreshingly free from the inanities and teenage dabblers that plague other forums and mercifully free from spammers masquerading as 'reviewers' trying to sell their chums products.

Quality, not quantity is definitely the form here and I feel it will develop nicely...

I shall try and recruit those I think worthy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lybrary.com/tarot-readers-black-book-p-77423.html

Rinascita!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: