Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......
Similar topics

This weeks challenge.

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Christopher J Gould
    Administrator
    Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

This weeks challenge. Empty
    PostSubject: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:50 am

Ok - here is a challenge for you all - everyone in the three chambers can take part. It can also be a good way for you to get promoted up a level too!

The challenge is a simple one -

Do something Interesting and post it up here. [b]

It does not need to be something earth shattering - but something interesting in some form......

why this challenge?

1. To get a bit of new content up here of characteristic Moon depth.
    2. To genuinely challenge your creativity. Let's separate the mystery performers form the miserly pretenders!
    3. To do something fun!

There are no restrictions - and I have no preset idea about what anyone is likely to do.
    The challenge is open until 10 members have contributed. Then will have a big 'talent show' where the best idea will be voted upon. The first prize so far is that Alexandre has promised to reward the winner by rubbing his beard in your armpit. Now, although this is a fine prize, we may look at something more.... er.... magical.

Go for it!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Back to top Go down
    Graham Yates
    Neophyte
    Neophyte
    Graham Yates

Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:13 pm

is it a cheat to put something in here from the inner section?
    Back to top Go down
    Christopher J Gould
    Administrator
    Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 pm

No not all - but be aware, others will see it!
    Back to top Go down
    The Curator
    Neophyte
    Neophyte
    The Curator

Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:35 pm

Ok, but I must ask my friend Carl to translate a text from French to an understandable language for you. Smile
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.surnateum.org
    ALEXANDRE
    Administrator
    ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Back to top Go down
    http://www.EyesandMinds.com

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Alexandre, I found the fingers very very funny! I have not tried following the insturctions, but I will. Not sure how it will be possible for those cards to come together without you touching the cards, but we will see.

I have something to share. I know it will be probably very easy for everyone here, but I have had fun with it.

I have really well made doubloon replicas I got in Key West and I recently came up with a presentation for a trick using doubloons after I read a coin effect in a basic magic book I got at Barnes and Noble book store close to where I live.

I have 15 of these coins and I ask someone sitting with me to select a few of the doubloons and lay them on the table, more or less ten of them. People don’t usually know which is heads or tails in doubloons so as I tell them which is heads and which is tails turning a few over, I secretly count how many are heads up remembering if the number is odd or even. It doesn't matter how many coins there are, just remember odd or even number of heads up coins.

I explain that I have done a lot of work in Key West as a psychic and I have come to connect with doubloons found there. I say that a doubloon is a gold coin minted by the Spanish from gold they mined in Central America, South America and in the West Indies, and there have been tons of them discovered around the waters of Key West. There is usually confusion about what a doubloon really is. I explain that a doubloon comes from the Spanish Doblon which means to double, so a doubloon is a coin of double value. If you know about Spanish coins you know that all Spanish coins double in value as you go from the smallest to largest denomination. So because of this doubling in value of doubloons, I tell them I will leave the room in a moment and I want them to turn over two doubloons at a time using their right and left hand, turn any two over, including one or both of the ones they just turned over, as many times as they want.

I ask that when they are done turning the doubloons over, for them to slide one doubloon under their hand hiding it from view and call me back in the room.

I walk out of the room and return after they call me in.

When I come back I secretly count coins heads up on the table and see if the number is odd or even. If it is odd, then the coin under her hand is TAILS. If the count is even, then the doubloon under her hand is HEADS.

Once I know, I tell the person that because I have connected with these coins, I can sense that she has a doubloon heads up under her hand. Though this is really simple, I have done it a few times and everyone finds it a fun demonstration.

I hope you all like it too.

Julia Like a Star @ heaven
    Back to top Go down
    Freddie Valentine
    200 Posts
    200 Posts

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 am

Whether it's along the lines of what you are looking for or not, I am unsure, but I would like to offer something that is rather simple, but effective and one of those things I use to 'prove' the existense of 'psychic powers' or the 'paranormal'.
    Before a one-on-one tarot reading, this is very effective. (It will be in my forthcoming tarot book too).

All you need is:
    that old magician's favourite The Haunted Key
    A pendulum

The reason why this is best used in a psychic environment, rather than a magic is show, is because of the effect it can have on a spectator and your reputation. 99% of people who come for a tarot reading, or psychic experience, would like to believe they hold some potential in that field and that is the premise that make this all the more powerful.

"Are you aware of telekinisis? The power of moving objects with your mind? I have trained for years in this area and I would like to demonstrate it for you and if you wish, teach you how to do it."

Produce Haunted Key, place it on your hand. You know what it does...

"All I have to do is push with my mind and will it to move...can you see it going...the more I concentrate the more I can move it...."

When they key is upright and about to turn completely. Be prepared to let it fall quickly when you say:

"But if my concentration breaks.... it just falls down..."

There are two points here:

1) You have shown them that it can actually be done.
    2) They can do it if they concentrate hard enough.

This has already primed them up for the ideomotor response that works the pendulum. They really want it to work.... and therefore it will.

It's now a simple matter of handing them the pendulum and urging them to concentrate on it moving round in a cricular motion, stopping, moving left to right etc.....

It has certainly worked for me many times and the response that something so simple can evoke proves yet again that the K.I.S.S. principle impresses someone far more than twenty sealed envelopes etc. In their mind, this is real and direct.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.lybrary.com/tarot-readers-black-book-p-77423.html
    ALEXANDRE
    Administrator
    ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:48 am

Julia, thanks for watching. I liked your routine, I can see how the turning over of the coins would confuse people as to the method. I also enjoyed the story that goes with it, educational! Very nice.

The way the cards come together in the video routine above is mathematical and self working. Try it, and you'll see that a 2 and 3 will come together often after a shuffle, sometimes with a card in between. Any two numbers will work, play with it and you'll see. I used a form of this to demonstrate to beginners on another site that presentation can make a difference on how a very simple routine can come across as "entertainment" rather than a puzzle to be deciphered.

Freddie, I have the tools, will try out your presentation! Thank you! cheers
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.EyesandMinds.com
    Freddie Valentine
    200 Posts
    200 Posts

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am

As you are no doubt aware, with the right amount of coersion you can get that pendulum swing like mad! Also, if so inclined, it's very easy to lead someone into a hypnotic induction after this.

I have used this many times and the premise of telekinisis is a strong one which, if you managed to 'teach' them leaves an incredibly strong impression because, as you know, direct involvement such as this makes the whole thing incredibly personal to the person taking part.

What if they ask why they can't use the key?

What I tend to do is state that it takes a lot of experience to do something like a key, so it's always best to start with a lighter object, hence the pendulum. The great thing about this, is that if they try it themselves at home after aquiring a pendulum of their own, it will still work and become all the more convincing.

You don't have to use a haunted key, but it's the most effective and easiest in this kind of situation. If you want to over-egg the pudding somewhat, you can follow up their successful pendulum experience with the moving of a larger object (think loops or IT) and use this as a demonstration as to what they could acheive after months of 'tuning in to the power of your mind'.

Of course, they won't be able to acheive these things, so when they show others the pendulum, it doesn't diminish your status, in fact, it enhances it as they will say "the person that showed me managed to move a ___________", which they obviously can't do.

Delivered correctly, it's incredibly believable.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.lybrary.com/tarot-readers-black-book-p-77423.html
    Christopher J Gould
    Administrator
    Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Some fine ideas gentle men, and lady!

I want this challenge to be totally open ended. No rules, as befits an anarchist! What a Face
    However, I guess the spirit of this challenge is to 'think outside the box' (shit, did I really say that) and create something other than a routine, something..... well different......... go film a spirit, make a fake Wikipedia submission. Create a scam in the local press!

This is not to devalue the fine submissions here - there is some excellent thinking - I just want to extend the bounds.......

Shocked
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weeks challenge.   This weeks challenge. Empty

Back to top Go down

This weeks challenge.
    Page 1 of 1