Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......
Similar topics

Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dennper
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2009-12-28

Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?) Empty
PostSubject: Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?)   Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:18 am

Greetings,

A while back we had that really good post about the Cursed Seven Experiment, which lends itself as a fun little off-to-the-side thing to do with the Tarot. I love that one because it is engaging, and at the same time it is not a 'trick'. I mentioned somewhere about how I use numerology to determine a persons 'personal' Tarot card.

Does anyone have anything else that they do with the cards that fits the same bill of being a fun, engaging thing to do that is not a 'trick'? I'm always looking for another way to fill a couple minutes, or a new ice breaker using the cards.

Thanks!

Dennis
Back to top Go down
http://www.privatetarot.com
ALEXANDRE
Administrator
ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?)   Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Dennis, I didn't think anyone cared about the "Cursed Seven Experiment". Glad you could see some use for it. It's basic, it's easy, but on occasion I've had some fun with it.

Here is the "Black Aces Experiment", another presentation for the same effect. After this, I have placed the KING/SEVEN EXPERIMENT, something else you may be able to play with using regular cards.

THE BLACK ACES EXPERIMENT

Seven ... the number of stars in the constellation of The Big Dipper... a highly symbolic number in the Torah, alluding to the infusion of spirituality and Godliness into the Creation...

Yahweh or Jehovah is the divine name, whose letters' places alphabetically equal 70, a product of the divine number 7... in the genealogy in the Gospel of Luke, Jesus is 77th in a direct line... the number of heavens in Islamic tradition...

Buddha walked 7 steps at his birth... the number of gateways traversed by Inanna during her descent into the underworld... seven Lucky Gods exist in Japanese mythology...

James Bond's agent secret number is 007...

Seven is also the number of external holes in the human head...

The number of chakras, the number of points on a sheriff's star...

The number of spots on a common ladybug, and tradition says that one's wish is granted if a ladybug lands on oneself.

Seven is a mystical, powerful number...

With all this in mind, remove five red cards ... and the two black Aces ... mix them and place them face down in a line ahead of you ... in a moment you will be turning over three of those cards....

The word "ace" comes from the Old French word 'as' (from Latin 'as') meaning 'a unit', from the name of a small Roman coin. It originally meant the side of a die with only one mark, before it was a term for a playing card. Since this was the lowest roll of the die, it traditionally meant 'bad luck' in Middle English....

After 7 deep hours of meditation, I have cursed the Black Aces worldwide for a short period of time and unless you are very strong in your sensibility and intuition, you will, out of the seven cards ahead of you, pull up a Black Ace, if not both!

Turn over three cards...

This is the Black Aces Experiment.

For the skeptics, keep in mind that the so called "odds" are in the participant's favor as the first draw is 5 to 2 (five Red cards and the two Black Aces); the second draw is 4 to 2 (or 2 to 1 if you like) in the participant's favor because there will be four Red cards and the two Black Aces left; and the last draw is still in the participant's favor as far as "odds" are concerned by 3 to 2 (three Reds and the two Black Aces).

KING SEVEN EXPERIMENT (A different version of this is up as a video in ALBINO/GENERAL CHAT/"This Week's Challenge".

I'd like your participation....

If you decide to participate, please post your results as this is something I have not attempted before and, as far as I know, has never been attempted before in an internet forum.

I want to put a Stephen Hawking statement to the test here... He says that "the laws of physics do not distinguish between the past and the future". The laws of physics, my friends, are time symmetric.

This is an experiment across space and time... I do not know when you will try this with your own deck of cards (mere objects for this experiment), but regardless of that fact, I will attempt to influence a specific result.

I will be using the KING and the SEVEN (do not confuse this with my King/Seven experiment, this is very different).
Why the KING and the SEVEN?

The KING was often represented in a deck of playing cards by great leaders in our world’s history, and the SEVEN a symbol of spirituality and inner knowledge. Both cards exude incredible energy and are ideal for this experiment.

I have been in deep meditation for six hours, and I feel the time is right to begin the experiment.

What I'd like you to do, during a quiet moment, is to take any complete deck of cards, shuffle them while thinking of the KING and the SEVEN and what they mean... Whenever you "feel" is the right time, stop mixing the cards and spread them out on a table.

If my attempts to influence these results is successful, you will have a KING and SEVEN right next to each other in the deck. Sometimes I miss by one or two cards when performing this experiment in person, but the results will only be made known through your cooperation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EyesandMinds.com
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?)   Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey this reminds me of the Eugene Berger routine with the little bit of thread - only this is better!
Thanks for sharing Alex - it's all in the performance!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?)   Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting things to do with the Tarot (?)
Page 1 of 1