Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Revealing the revealed.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Evie Harris
200 Posts
200 Posts
Evie Harris

Registration date : 2009-09-08

Revealing the revealed. Empty
PostSubject: Revealing the revealed.   Revealing the revealed. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 am

Heres a topic for debate.

Many threads on other forums got me thinking about exposure etc.

So yes exposing effects etc may or may not harm the industry. This has been debated to death and lets face it no-one really has the answer.

But what about exposing what has already been exposed.

Is that fair game.

take for example Derren Brown and the science of scams.

In that he revealed peppers ghost among other stuff. Whats your view on re-exposing whats already been put out there. Or anything by the masked magi dude ?

Hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.magicnights.co.uk
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Revealing the revealed. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revealing the revealed.   Revealing the revealed. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:44 am

Any sort of exposure is to be severely frowned upon in my view. This is one of the first things we learn and should be in our blood. Magic (of any description) has a grand tradition of secrecy. Hell, that is half the fun isn't it! We should be the protectors of secrets, especially as new deeper secrets are revealed...... What a Face

By the same token, I do not think we should lose any sleep when we see secrets revealed. Type anything into youtube, and you will see some spotty little oik performing it badly, then telling you how it is done. It is a fact of out age. In one way this makes it even more important that any new material is kept close to the chest.
Still, at the end of the day, the fact is that magi care about methods, the lay folk do not (or if they do, you are doing something wrong). I think it is feasible (but by no means desirable) to perform a standard routine, explain how it is done, then perform it again - successfully - to the same audience. The real effect is performance and presentation.... that is where the real secrets are....
Back to top Go down

Revealing the revealed.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: