Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Zoltar!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:08 am

Dead excited about this one.
When I feel good about myself I like to think I had something of a significant hand in the development of 'pocket mentalism' - now everyone seems to be 'at it'.
It has taken a few years for my next pocket effect to develop. Like Sanctum, the idea is to take something small enough to fit into you wallet, that you can unpack to something huge. This time; a whole treaties into cold reading.
On a basic level it is something that you can 'whip-out' at any time to impress your friends with affraid
But it has more serious levels for those wanting to use it this way. It can be used as a springboard for some free-fall readings, using genuine psychological techniques.
It can act as an introduction in any social setting. I guarantee that it will grab peoples interest (the thing looks fantastic).
It is a superb promotional tool, as you will leave your audience with something that they will talk about and look at long after you have gone.
Finally, it has (at least) three magical effects on it. Two of these are pretty standard - but the third one will blow you away.

This effect was borne out of long skyping sessions with Alexandre, all of the stuff we put out will be under the moniker of 'from the conversations of....' Also Claas (known as Agnostiker74, a brilliant thinker from Germany) will be adding still more in December.

This one is going to be HUGE!
Back to top Go down
ALEXANDRE
Administrator
ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:14 pm

We promise this has nothing to do with our upcoming Zoltar release ... did I say release? tongue

Zoltar! Zoltar10
Back to top Go down
http://www.EyesandMinds.com
Evie Harris
200 Posts
200 Posts
Evie Harris

Registration date : 2009-09-08

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 4:44 pm

i so want to do a street theatre piece as a Zoltar !

Yes yes I know Derren did it, but id do it better ! lol

Back to top Go down
http://www.magicnights.co.uk
Graham Yates
Neophyte
Neophyte
Graham Yates

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:31 am

Looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
rufio
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-12-26

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 am

Thought I'd copy and paste my post from TM:

I'm waiting for my Zoltar to arrive, and am actually as excited as when I first discovered the Outlaw website, it seems to inject a fresh take on mentalism, and whilst bizarre magic isn't my most well versed area in magic, the sense of mystery and intrigue and alluring dark element holds a great fascination for me.

"Big" was on FilmFour last night, which has always been a childhood favourite film, and certainly at one point I aspired to grow up and have a large apartment with a trampoline, vending machine and pin ball machine, before I grew up and my goals and ambitions changed. However, there is still a very much child like sense of wonder, especially with magic, as the sense of buying effects and them arriving in the jiffy bag is reminiscent of the excitement of buying a toy and unwrapping it.

Anyway, flowing from this I think it would be a great emotional hook to talk about favourite 80s films, and no doubt everyone will have Big up there, along with Back To The Future and The Goonies, and possibly Big Trouble In Little China: these films have a timeless quality. Of course, film memorabilia is very plausible, and so you could introduce the idea of being fascinated about the concept of the Zoltar machine, and actually sourcing the Zoltar Speaks card, as the Zolta machine iteslf was ridiculously expensive, and is just a replica anyway. I would go into the plot of Big very briefly before introducing and setting up the themes of the Zoltar card. I've yet to receive the card, so have yet to learn as to the mysterious use of the card, but needless to say I am eagerly anticipating the post!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyprotestlive
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:54 am

Thanks for the plug!
Just to point out that I normally get things out quicker than this....
..but I had a couple of days off over Xmas
your Zoltar is in the post in today (+ a little something else to make up for the wait Wink )
Back to top Go down
rufio
Neophyte
Neophyte

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:01 am

Ooooh a little something else!?! I hate and love surprises!

What excitement, I love the idea of magic creators taking care of customers, it shows a level of personal care, as opposed to being a faceless consumer.

Back to top Go down
rufio
Neophyte
Neophyte

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:15 am

Incidentally, Evie refers to how Derren did this, and after Googling I have seen some references to "Zoltar" and "Derren Brown", although as with the concept of Google Whacking, it is abundantly clear that any combination of words on Google will find solace in some obscure article or internet reference.

Can anyone therefore confirm whether Derren has performed a routine involving this premise? If so, where can I find a video? Has anyone seen him live and can recall his presentation?

Of course, I have some ideas as to how to present, but being someone whose elegance and showmanship is very much a style I've not exactly emulated but have been inspired by (it is equally important not to carbon copy something but to take inspiration and create one's own agglomeration of influences: the same is true of music in general, and as a shameless plug, I'd like to think my band's music is a rich melting pot of different influences, so feel free to check out my web link here), I'd love to hear his presentation.

Indeed, having watched some of the Trick Or Treat series, and coupled with recently watching Big, the eerie, almost supernatural element of the Zoltar (e.g. unplugged, and devoid of any visible means of electrical modus operandi, certainly a metaphor for many mentalism effects) appears suited to the eccentric deserted fun fair carnival atmosphere of some of Derren Brown's portrayal of often bizarre magic tendencies. For instance, the disturbing Chucky-esque dolls seems right at home, and reminds me of a Lebannon Circle effect, although I have yet to purchase from that site, as it does actually seem a bit too morbid and creepy for my own tastes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zoltar! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoltar!   Zoltar! Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoltar!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: