Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......

Abnormal Lift

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel Young
Neophyte
Neophyte
Daniel Young

Registration date : 2010-08-31

Abnormal Lift Empty
PostSubject: Abnormal Lift   Abnormal Lift EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:26 am

Hey guys!

I was wondering how many of you guys out there are doing the Abnormal Lift (the one where a number of spectators lift another one off from a chair), and have any experience doing it? Or more specifically the "light as a feather stiffas a board" version where they "float" up horistontally.

//Daniel

Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Abnormal Lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Lift   Abnormal Lift EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:39 am

An old but good one - there is a parable there somewhere - how we can achieve more when we work together in cooperation. This could easily be transformed into an anti-capitialst diatribe cheers .

It always surprises me how few people know of it. I always find it works better with the subject lying down. Also interesting, is the idea of adding suggestion to this routine to make the experience more powerful.
Now, the interesting thing is - that this old chestnut falls into where (for me) magic is going. i.e. away from 'tricks' and towards genuine phenomena. We are all used to stripping down an old magical principle and rebuilding them, or using the basic principles as building blocks for new ideas- would it not be interesting to do the same with genuine phenomena?

First you would have to define what is meant by 'natural phenomena'.
then you would produce an exhaustive collection of everything from ideomotor responses to suggestion and hypnotism, all the weird old things you did as a kid (well.... I did!), such as staring at yourself in a mirror for 20 minutes, under the light of a single candle (to see you previous incarnation of course - hey, try it!)
Then you would have to strip them down to what actually is working.
Then rebuild into new 'effects'......
Then you would have 'mentalism on steroids', something that would issue in the 'new paradigm of mentalism' and 'something you could start a religion with'.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Quick everyone, write an ebook and flog it in the green Vatican!

(I don't mean to sound cynical, as looking in this direction would be the most useful thing we could do - but I have the flu again, so it is my evil twin talking!)
Back to top Go down
Daniel Young
Neophyte
Neophyte
Daniel Young

Abnormal Lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Lift   Abnormal Lift EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Actually the reason im bringing it up is because David Numen has just released his new ebook, or it will be released very soon, and it's a whopping 130 pages or so on the abnormal lift. which i love, and having read this, it inspired me to started to do it again. if anyone wanna do this, or is already doing it, get the book. it totally changed my view on it, it's probably the most inspirational book on the subject and it will add a couple of new touches on how to empower the participants as well as "depower" them at will...

but i've always liked the way the horizontal one looks. but i don't have any experience doing that one, so im curious if someone does have experience with that one. Christopher do you do the horizontal one by any chance?

//Daniel
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Abnormal Lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Lift   Abnormal Lift EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 pm

sounds intersting!

Yes, I always do it lying down.

!
Back to top Go down
Daniel Young
Neophyte
Neophyte
Daniel Young

Abnormal Lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Lift   Abnormal Lift EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm

oh you didnt Razz

would you say there is a difference between doing it sitting and lying? how many people do you use? do you need to "induce stiffness" in the person lying down? or can you just do it as per normal?

btw, this is the link for the book i mentioned: http://theabnormallift.blogspot.com/

//Daniel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abnormal Lift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abnormal Lift   Abnormal Lift Empty

Back to top Go down

Abnormal Lift
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy Moon :: Archive :: The Old Moon :: ALBINO :: General Chat-
Jump to: