Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Welcome to Alchemy Moon.
From Negrado; the Great Work.
Alchemy Moon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

?

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
They are always with us.......
Similar topics

What's your real name?

Go down 
+3
ALEXANDRE
reverend tristan
Christopher J Gould
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

Registration date : 2008-03-17

What's your real name? Empty
PostSubject: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:31 pm

The last moon set over a few issues. One of them being the use of real names. The old Mods were insisting on everyone using their real name.
To a working performer, this could be difficult, if not impossible - for reasons obvious to a working performer.
Most people in every profession like to keep some distance between their private life and their professional life. Mystery performers are no different.
Fine if you want to use your real name - but fine if you want to use a consistent stage name.

The boys from the old moon had a point, they just went about it in the wrong way (my opinion). I find is difficult addressing someone called 'captain cockroach' or 'Dr Spirit'. So I think we need to find a middle ground.
One of the things that got me banned from the Cafe, was the fact that I used multiple accounts to deliberately cause some havoc. I have little respect for the cafe and the corrupt manner in which it is run. However, in retrospect, it was a mistake - rather than venting my anger in cruel satire under a succession of pseudonyms, I should have devoted my energy to what I did afterwards anyway - set up an alternative.

I think it would be desirable here for everyone to have a sense of who they are really talking to. For example, I have no problems with Alexandre signing in under that name - it is his stage persona, and his posts are consistent with this persona. Alternatively, I use my real name, and have never posted using the name I perform under. This is something of an historical accident - but still, when you talk to me here, you know who you are talking to. So, although we have no 'rules' about either multiple accounts or names - I think it would reflect the maturity of Alchemy Moon if we used consistent names that reflect us in some manner.....

If anyone from my past thinks this sounds hypocritical - pm me and I will tell you the true tale of Subgenial - and where he is now!
Back to top Go down
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Well my real name is Tristan, I use Reverend Tristan as a stage name sometimes depends where I'm performing and it stuck with me through all forums.

I know some people that are involved in the shut eye world that wouldn't want anyone googling them and finding them on a magic forum so I can understand hiding.
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Reverend Tristan you are my friend!
Back to top Go down
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Thank you Christopher, I'd give you the rest of my name but as I too work in the shuteye world with seance I wouldn't want people to find me here either Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 pm

There is absolutely no need for anyone to give their real names, which is what I was trying to say in my rather round about manner.....
Back to top Go down
ALEXANDRE
Administrator
ALEXANDRE

Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:20 pm

My birth name is Alexandre. Quite a few people know my last name, but I don't want to post it for personal reasons. Chris knows it, Nathan knows it, others know it. I'm not posting anonymously, never have.

Visit www.EyesandMinds.com to learn a little bit more about me. Any other questions just let me know.

Like the Reverend, I noticed Psychic Julia also mentioned concern about posting her last name and having it googled. For the record, I don't think things posted inside the forum are googable. I'm not sure how to confirm that but searching "Christopher J Gould Alchemy Moon" on Google returns NO links to this place, so that's good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.EyesandMinds.com
Nathan Pain
300 Posts
300 Posts
Nathan Pain

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:19 pm

A first name, be it real or stage is just fine with me...but I do not want to refer to someone as Dr. Skunk...Rev Tristan is just fine in my book!

Nathan
Back to top Go down
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 am

Whys everyone picking on my name today jocolor

I know people have been found on other forums with people using thier full names, they don't use their name as user name but it as been writen some where in a post.
Back to top Go down
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:26 am

I think it is because it evokes an ecclesiastical knight!
Back to top Go down
Dr Jae
Neophyte
Neophyte
Dr Jae

Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:46 pm

I am fairly open as to who I am and what I do between my different client bases.
By day a psychologist and providing training courses etc and by night, weekend AND days... a mystery performer and sometime showman. The two persona's sit quite happily beside one another and often occasionally overlap. Often it works to my advantage and I can promote one amongst the other.

The only area where I have found any problem is with my dabblings in the psychic corner or more accurately the paranormal quarter. Those who know me via Paranormal Investigation Groups etc are sometimes uncertain as to my motives. They are always wary that there is another Randi around the corner or that I will deploy trickery (psychological or magical) into what should be serious investigations. That's not helped by the fact that I will present obviously fake readings or haunted events for some of my clients as well as doing the real thing at other times. I'm sure that they soon realise that I can usually be trusted to behave according to the situation but my evil side enjoys that element of insecurity and doubt as to what is or isn't genuine. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Christopher J Gould wrote:

Yeah but he was called Tristam
Back to top Go down
Dr Jae
Neophyte
Neophyte
Dr Jae

Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm

reverend tristan wrote:
Christopher J Gould wrote:

Yeah but he was called Tristam

This one will fly over the heads of the non-UK and younger denizens but I still conjour visions of you in glasses alongside Yootha Joice and Brian Murphy. Bet you've never had anyone reference that before. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
reverend tristan
Neophyte
Neophyte

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Funny that but no, well not for a long time mate. It's an older person thing. It was hearing the name on there that made my mum chose it.

I used to be happy with my name as it was very rare but now there's kids all over, really messes my head up when I'm walking dow the street to hear Tristan shouted and it not be for me lol
Back to top Go down
Wishmaster
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Whenever I hear the name Tristan, it always makes me think of Mr Farnon the vitn'ry. What a great series that was. That's an anchor I have no wish to dispel. Smile

I sometimes post my first name "Lea" around the forum, but it depends on my mood. Other than hating the spelling (because I'm male), I have no real reason to avoid it for privacy reasons and for the moment, I'm not a performer. The forum isn't searchable by bots as far as I know, so having it googled is unlikely.
Back to top Go down
dean
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:26 am

I am now open about who I am but I did perform under a different name for quite sometime as I was Dorian Grey until I saw a performance by a performer in the US with the same name and he was sooo baaad I went back to my real name.

Dean

Back to top Go down
http://www.dracinabox.com
Christopher J Gould
Administrator
Christopher J Gould

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:59 am

Perhaps he was the ugly painting and you were the beautiful Dorian?
For many years, I went under the name of Captain Haddock.... and then...

oh, excuse me - I just have not been sleeping much!
Back to top Go down
dean
Neophyte
Neophyte

Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 am

I am indeed beutiful and its very nice of you to nice of you to notice my dear captain.

One day I will tell my tale of woe about the other Dorian but for now my lips are closed.

Dean

P.S

I think I will now be called Major Trauma

D
Back to top Go down
http://www.dracinabox.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your real name?   What's your real name? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your real name?
Page 1 of 1